Act Now, Call us on:
0800 298 0571
7am til Midnight / 365 days
Landline and Mobile friendly

N244 Form. N244 Application & Emergency Hearings.

The N244 Form (N244 Application Notice)

The N244 form is an official Court Application Form used by the County Court for a number of different applications. We use the N244 Application Form to apply for an Emergency Court Hearing to get your case in front of a Judge so they can decide whether or not to Suspend your Eviction Notice that your Lender has secured against you..

N244 Form to Stop Eviction

Submitting an N244 Application form to the Court will not delay or stop your eviction, but used correctly, it will lead to an Emergency Court Hearing that can, and with our help WILL, stop your eviction.

That is why you need to get it right and why you should call us. Our dedicated experience in this area means that we will be able to complete the N244 Application form in the perfect way to achieve an Emergency Court Hearing that we will win, to stop an Eviction Order and save your home.

We Want to Help

We can help and can be successful with almost every Homeowner that calls us, no matter how hopeless they think their case is. If you do not call us then we cannot help you win.

We further believe it is of the utmost importance to be honest with clients. If we are unable to help with your case for any reason, we will tell you immediately, while still providing you with any advice you may need.

So please, don't hesitate to call. We can save your home.

Go to Services Overview page

n244 form what to do

A Delicate Process

The N244 application form is not straightforward, many elements must be taken into account before submitting it at the court; it is also crucial that it is submitted in sufficient time, so it must be done right and expediently.

Firstly, you must have sufficient grounds to file the N244 Application form, as it says on your Eviction Notice, having nowhere to go is not a sufficient defence. We will establish the grounds for you and complete your form once we have assessed your case.

Secondly, the content supplied on the N244 application notice form must be detailed, but concise; providing just the right amount of information to achieve the desired outcome, which is an Emergency Court Hearing. Winning the Hearing is a separate issue.  We can complete the N244 Application form for you to ensure you achieve an Emergency Hearing to have your case assessed by the Judge.

Thirdly, you must have an appropriate defence fully prepared before submitting the N244 Application Form, as some Emergency Hearings can be held within 24 hours of submitting an N244 Application Form. We will help you prepare the best defence possible before any contact with the Courts to ensure that no matter when the Emergency Court Hearing takes place, you are prepared with our help WIN!

The Hearing

The Emergency Hearing achieved with a successful N244 Application Notice Form is a Homeowner's last definite opportunity to save their home without having to clear the arrears. Therefore we will do everything in our power to aid you at this vital time and get it right first time to prevent the Eviction. 
If you do not contact us and the Hearing should go against you, there is an appeals process, but it is very difficult and best avoided by calling us to get it right on the first application.

If you have already lost your hearing and need more information on Appeals click here.

Stopping Repossession in Mortgage or Rent Arrears Cases

If you are an owner-occupier with overdue mortgage payments or a tenant with rent arrears for your home, the threat of legal proceedings for repossession can be distressing. Whether initiated by the mortgage lender – usually a bank or building society – or by a public or private property owner, most homeowners and tenants find the official paperwork, nagging uncertainty and impending proceedings to be very unsettling.

Naturally, during these worrying times, you may be wondering how to stop the repossession of your home and ensure a decisive result that will give you some peace of mind. If you are facing legal action for non-payment of your mortgage or rent, read on – we are here to help. Here, we suggest what action to take and how to lodge an official application to the local county court using form N244 to stop repossession.

Using an N244 Form to Stop House Repossession

Importantly, if your mortgage lender or landlord has served a notice against you, you should act quickly to stop the eviction. Here at (client name), we use N244 forms to apply for emergency court hearings, so that we can present the details of your case to a judge. Crucially, we attend on your behalf, explain the background persuasively and inform the court of all the necessary facts. Subsequently, the judge who hears your case will decide whether or not to suspend any eviction notice and halt the process that your lender has initiated.

Acting Swiftly

Only when submitted to the court and used correctly will an N244 form delay or stop the proposed repossession. In turn, with the right legal help and representation, an emergency hearing can prevent eviction. Our considerable experience in the field of residential property law means that we have the expertise to apply to the court correctly, gain an emergency hearing, stop the eviction order and save your home.

Helping You Through the Uncertainty

Wherever possible, our dedicated legal team wants to help achieve a successful outcome for every homeowner who calls us – regardless of how hopeless the situation might initially seem. For this reason, we encourage you to contact us without delay if you have received notice of repossession proceedings.

Naturally, we consider it very important to be honest with clients. In a very limited number of cases, therefore, if we cannot help we will advise the client right away.

Defending Your Home

Notably, N244 online applications and paper forms are not straightforward. When submitting them to the court concerned, there are some key steps to follow. Above all, it is essential to present the paperwork correctly, completely and in ample time.

As the small print on eviction notices should mention, there must be adequate grounds to apply for a hearing. Merely stating that one has nowhere to go, for instance, is not a sufficient defence. Accordingly, we will assess your case, establish any grounds to stop the attempted possession and complete the N244 application on your behalf. Perhaps you now have a tenant occupying the property or expect a lump sum shortly, or your suspended possession order is now up to date. If you are seeking a new arrangement or plan to make a new proposal, the court will also request evidence of how you expect to pay the overdue amount. In preparation, we might recommend that you complete an N11M personal defence form.

Secondly, the information supplied on the forms must be concise yet comprehensive. In particular, it is vital to give the right amount of detail to achieve an early hearing, but not so much as to become a hostage to fortune.

Additionally, some emergency hearings take place within as little as twenty-four hours of applying. For this reason, we develop the best defence possible for your case before serving the papers. That way, you will be prepared for the hearing even if the court lists it at very short notice.

Helping to Win the Repossession Hearing

As a homeowner or tenant, an emergency hearing is the last opportunity you have to save your home without necessarily having to repay rent or mortgage arrears in full at the time. As a result, we will do everything in our power to support you at this vital point, secure a positive outcome and prevent the possible eviction.

Notably, low-income earners and benefit recipients may be entitled to fee remission, i.e. exemption from paying court fees.

Finally, should you not decide to contact us and then the hearing then goes against you, there is an appeals process. Before you rely on this, however, do bear in mind that such appeals are notoriously complicated and, therefore, best avoided. Instead, we suggest that you call us so that we can represent you from the outset and secure the right result, the first time. However, if you have already lost your hearing and need information about a possible appeal, please click here(-hyperlink) to obtain some immediate advice.            

Request a Call Back

If you need to add more information contact us.

Every case is individual & needs our professional assessment, no matter how early or urgent your circumstances, we will hold your hand over every step.
Call us on 0800 298 0571
  • We had a few days before we were going to get evicted calling Homeowner Management Systems saved us they knew exactly what to do I wish we called weeks ago! Client Testimonial

  • Thank you David and Team, we would be homeless as I type this if it wasn’t for your immediate action, I will stay in touch if Kensington mess me around again. Client Testimonial

  • Richard I wish I followed your advice sooner, I wasted so much time thinking that Acenden were going to help me, but you were right all along, Thank you for putting it behind me. Client Testimonial

  • Dear Jim, the difference it has made since you handled the LPA Receiver is incredible, I now have the information and statements that I have been requesting for over 6 months!!! Client Testimonial

  • I can’t believe I was going to borrow the money to clear the arrears, thanks to you guys I can continue with payments I can afford every month. Client Testimonial

  • When Santander said they will not accept my proposals I thought I had no choice, but you really made them sit up and listen, thank you Client Testimonial

Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
More information Ok